Designer. Developer. Writer. Presenter.
I have made a career out of wielding technology as a design tool. Using science and code to improve experiences for people is what gets me up in the morning, and keeps me up at night.
With strong roots in user interface, interaction, and experience design, I approach usability from a holistic, 'big-picture' perspective. Ranging anywhere from information architecture, to performance optimization, to hand-crafting UIs for mobile and TV, my deep fascination with the way people communicate through technology is what drives me to make things “the way they should be.”
I care about crafting content-centered, predictable, and responsive interfaces using clean, standards-based code. I design products for mobile, touch, and typography first. In my work, the questions of ‘who’ and ‘why’ always come before ‘what’ and ‘how’.
As both a developer and designer, a huge chunk of my work focus has been on developer experience. Here are some of the highlights.
Recent public work
- IBM Watson IoT Blockchain: Design and Front-end Lead
- IBM Bluemix Docs: Design and Front-end Lead
- IBM Design Language, Front-end Chapter: Author
- I’ve worked on products for IBM, Apple, GitHub, Vodafone, Honda, Whirlpool, and P&G.
- I’ve designed and built UIs in Vanilla JS, React, Angular, jQuery, Swift, Objective-C, and ActionScript.
- I've designed and built REST and GraphQL APIs, as well as modeled the backends in Node.js.
- I've designed products for Automotive, IoT, mobile, TV, and even custom hardware—both consumer and industrial.
- I have written for Forbes, O’Reilly Media, UX Magazine, and Adobe Developer Connection.
- I have presented at several industry conferences across North America, including SXSW, IBM Insight, FITC, Adobe MAX, OSCON, and many more.
- My first article on Medium reached the "most recommended" status just hours after it was published, and has been shared by Communication Arts, Six Revisions, Adbuzeedo, Intercom.io, and Sacha Grief’s Sidebar.io.
- I've had multiple slide decks in SlideShare's ‘Top Presentations of the Day’ including the ‘Most discussed presentation on Twitter’.
- I've been named an Adobe Community Professional, and had my name listed in the application credits for the work I did improving their developer tools.
Business Development and Strategy
I have personally proposed, led, and been involved in several enterprise partnerships, each aimed squarely at improving developer experience.
- LinkedIn. Work history and endorsements.
- GitHub. Open-source projects.
- Stack Overflow. Currently ranked higher than the top 75% of users; top 10% this month.
- Twitter. Stream of consciousness.
- Dribbble. Visual design and UI work samples
Get in contact
Interested in working with me? Let's talk.